Wintery Welcome - Drummers & Co Homestore
Cozy Winter evenings is something almost everyone loves. It spreads a warming sense of happiness, sitting by the fire, drinking hot chocolate or soup - whatever it may be. We would like to help you enjoy those moments with quality mugs and serveware from our range here at Drummers Homestore & Co.
For this months' recipe, we are promoting a recently found, tried, and treasured one for Maple Roasted Pumpkin Soup. Make sure you try it out! ❤
Maple Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Serves 2-4 | Easy
- 1.2 kg butternut or pumpkin peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 red onion cut into 2cm wedges
- ½ small bulb garlic cut the bulb of garlic in half horizontally
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ – 2 cups hot chicken stock
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100 g haloumi cheese cut into 1cm-thick slices
- ½ red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves 2 sliced
- ¼ cup natural thick greek yoghurt
- flat-leaf parsley or coriander/cilantro finely chopped
Preheat oven to 220°C/430 Fahrenheit. Line an oven tray with baking paper
Toss butternut, onion and garlic with maple syrup, olive oil, ground cumin and thyme leaves. Season well with salt and pepper and roast for 40-45 minutes or until butternut and onion is soft and caramelised.
Grease a large rectangular casserole dish (approx 24 x 30 cm / 9 x 12 inch) and dust lightly with flour, tapping out the excess. Place the cinnamon rolls swirl-side-up in 3 x 4 rows in the casserole dish.
Transfer roast butternut and onion to a blender. Squeeze out 2-3 cloves of the roast garlic and add to the blender. Pour in 1 ½ – 2 cups of chicken stock and blend until smooth. Add more chicken stock if needed, until you get the consistency you want. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Heat a drizzle of oil in a fry pan on medium heat and cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Chop haloumi into cubes and toss with chilli and mint.
To serve, ladle into bowls, or re-heat in a pot on the stovetop if needed. Serve with a good dollop of natural yoghurt, and the haloumi with mint and chilli on the top.