D&C Monthly Recipe - Sweet and Sticky Apricot Glazed Ham
Sweet and Sticky Apricot Glazed Ham
- (8- to 10-lb.) fully cooked bone-in smoked half
- ham (not spiral-sliced)
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. apricot jam
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place ham in roasting pan, cut side down. With tip of sharp knife - Victorinox knives do the job well - make long cuts from top of ham to bottom, cutting through tough skin and fat; make perpendicular cuts to form diamonds. Cover with foil. Bake 11/2 hrs.
- In medium bowl, whisk sugar, jam, mustard and 2 teaspoon pepper. Transfer 1 cup glaze to separate bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove foil from ham. Brush some of remaining glaze all over ham. Bake, uncovered, another 1 to 11/2 hours or until glaze is dark brown and internal temperature of ham has reached 140°F, brushing with glaze every 1/2 hour.
- Allow ham to rest 20 minutes before carving. Serve in the Falcon Enamel Oval Roaster with reserved glaze.