Monthly Recipe Inspiration - Drummers & Co Homestore
Roasted New Potato Kale and Feta Salad
- 200g Jersey Royal potatoes, halved - We use Little Diggers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 200g bag fresh kale
- 1 small ripe avocado, flesh scooped out
- ½ tsp Lusty Mustard Windfall foods
- 25g feta (or vegetarian alternative), crumbled
- ½-1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Boil the potatoes for 10 mins until mostly tender, drain and leave to steam dry.
- Toss the potatoes in a large Roasting Pan with the garlic, drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and season. Roast for 20 mins.
- While the potatoes are roasting, squeeze half the lemon juice over the shallot and half of the kale, season, then massage gently to encourage the kale to soften.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the oven. Put the rest of the kale on top of the potatoes, drizzle over a little oil, season and return to the oven for 5 mins until crisp.
- Meanwhile, blitz the garlic, avocado, mustard, remaining oil and lemon juice together, add enough water to create a smooth dressing and season to taste.
- Mix the potatoes and cooked kale into the raw kale salad and tip onto a platter. Drizzle over the dressing, then top with the feta, chilli flakes and pumpkin seeds.