D&C Recipes - Valentines Day Special, Mint Grapefruit Mimosas
Looking for a good drink to add a bit of flavor to your Valentines Day? Sweet mint, tangy grapefruit – celebrate your love as a couple with a couple of great flavors.
Mint Grapefruit Mimosas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves (torn and bruised)
- 2 large pink grapefruit (peeled and pit removed)
- 1 bottle prosecco or other sparkling wine (chilled)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint (for garnish)
- 1 small slice of Watermelon (Optional, for garnish)
- Make a simple syrup by combining the honey and water in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Add the mint leaves and stir to combine. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and strain the syrup, discarding the mint leaves.
- Place the peeled grapefruit in a high-speed blender and blend until completely liquefied, approximately 1 minute.
- Fill four champagne flutes 1/3 full with the grapefruit puree and drizzle a spoonful of the honey-mint simple syrup into each glass. (Use more or less syrup according to taste). Stir briefly to combine, and then top off each glass with the chilled prosecco before serving.