D & C Recipes - Hot Apple & Cinnamon Cider
Hot Apple & Cinnamon Cider
- 4 Cups Apple Juice
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp Whole Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 4 whole Star anise
- 2 whole Cardamom pods
- 6 whole Allspice berries
- 4 pieces Orange or apple slices
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup, for added sweetness
- In a large saucepan on the stove, combine the apple juice with the orange juice.
- Cut apple and orange slices thinly. Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, apple and orange slices and place into the cider pot. Turn on high and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling, reduce to medium heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15-25 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, serve in a cozy mug with the garnish's in a small cheesecloth bag to avoid these getting into your mug.