D&C Monthly Recipes - Christmas Tarts🎄
Best-Ever Christmas Mince Tarts
½ x 400 g tub fruit mince
- ½ peeled and grated apple
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ tsp Ground Mixed Spice
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 sheets ready rolled sweet short pastry, thawed
- Icing sugar, to dust
Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan bake), or 200°C (conventional). Mix together fruit mince, grated apple, slivered almonds, Ground Mixed Spice and Ground Cinnamon.
- Using a round cutter, cut out pastry circles approximately 6 cm diameter and carefully press into Shallow Tart tins. Cut out small stars using a star cutter. Re-roll the pastry if necessary.
- Fill the pastry lined tins with the fruit mince. Place a pastry star on the top.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until the pastry is golden. Allow tarts to cool a little before lifting them out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving.