Christmas Gifting Guide - Drummers & Co.
1. Jellycat Rabbits | 2. La Chamba Dinnerware | 3. Gift Assortment | 4. Cheese Knife Set | 5. Tea Towels | 6. Wooden Spoons | 7. Artland Glassware Range | 8. Brass Condiment Bowl | 9. Fudges
A recipe to try...
Pistachio & Cranberry Nougat Trifle
Christmas has never been more delicious! Just try to resist this One-Of-A-Kind recipe - Tried and tested by the team at Drummers & Co Homestore🎄
- 1.5L cranberry juice
- 150g caster sugar
- 7 titanium-strength gelatin leaves, softened in cold water for 5 minutes
- 175g self-raising flour, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 55g pistachios
- 6 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1.2L thickened cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup (60g) pure icing sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 450g store-bought pistachio & cranberry nougat, finely chopped
- 30g pistachios, crushed
- 10g pure icing sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) cranberry juice
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, thinly sliced, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small orange, thinly sliced, cut into wedges
- 1 passionfruit, quartered
- 500ml (2 cups) cranberry juice
- 500ml (2 cups) ginger beer
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Pomegranate seeds, to serve
To make the jelly, place cranberry juice and caster sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, squeeze excess water from gelatin, and stir into cranberry mixture until dissolved. Strain through a fine sieve and cool slightly, then pour into the base of a 5L trifle dish. Chill for 6 hours until set.
Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 22cm square cake pan, line base with baking paper and dust sides with flour, shaking off excess. Place pistachios and 1/3 cup (50g) flour in a food processor and whiz until pistachios are finely chopped.
Whisk eggs in a stand mixer on medium- high speed for 1-2 minutes until pale and fluffy. Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, whisking constantly for 6-8 minutes until all sugar has been added and is dissolved. Using a large metal spoon, fold in pistachio mixture, remaining 125g flour and melted butter. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until center springs back. Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut sponge into large square pieces.
Place cream, vanilla and sifted icing sugar in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and whisk to stiff peaks. Whisk in the mascarpone and cardamom, then fold through two-thirds of the nougat. Spoon half the cream mixture over the jelly, then top with sponge pieces and remaining cream. Chill until needed.
For the syrup, place cranberry juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Simmer rapidly for 8 minutes or until thickened, then cool completely. For the crumb, combine crushed pistachios and icing sugar in a bowl. Scatter trifle with crumb and remaining nougat. Drizzle over syrup and serve immediately.