D&C Monthly Recipe - Leek & Corn Fritters
Leek & Corn Fritters
- 1/2 packet (Pams) Frozen Sliced Leek
- 1 tin Cream Style Corn
- 1 tin Whole Corn Kernels, drained
- 2 Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- Defrost the frozen leeks in a sieve under hot running water, then shake off as much of the water as possible.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs, flour, corn and leek. Mix well.
- Heat 1 – 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place a spoonful of the corn fritter mixture into the pan. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter.
- Flip and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until the fritters are golden and cooked through. It may be necessary to add extra oil to the pan during cooking.
- Serve fresh with Sour Cream, Guacamole & Sweet Chilli Sauce or your preferred toppings